Surface Design

I am always interested in the surface pattern design. Here are some photos from my inspiration hunt.













I like the circular shape and I found I was particularly attracted by patterns with mysterious contents. So I decided to have my design theme as Cyberpunk. I hope it will be combined with the ancient mysterious concept and futuristic robots, so I made a manta ray robot flying over an ancient Chinese lotus flower style totem. 
I want to make it as a print for bags or T-shirts. 

I am still struggling with the setup of Blogger, and can't figure out how to upload clear large images. Before I find out how to fix the resolution problem, please pardon my blurry images. Thank you. 

P.S.: The 2D surface pattern design is done by Rhino. It's way more difficult to draw with Rhino than to draw with Illustrator. Anyways, the good news is that I am now a master of "interpCrv", "circle", "offset", "arrayCrv", "hatch" etc. Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ming Dynasty Recessed-leg Table with Everted Flanges (4)HD RENDERS AND EXPLODED VIEW

Mushroom Castle for the CAD Class Assignment