Mushroom Kingdom Chess Set (I)

I began this term with a design inspired by the Mushroom Kingdom castle. At the time, my familiarity with Rhino was limited, so the castle design remained rather simple. Despite this, I persisted with the concept and eventually created this chess set.

This is my concept drawing.

These are the renders of my models.


These are the close-up details of each model.




I haven't got the technician appointment earlier than April. 3rd. So I could not upload the actual model pictures before that day. Here are the design details. 
In order to minimize the supporting points, I divided the model into the body part and the head partI designed a structure similar to an expansion screw at the junction between the head and body. The inspiration for this structure came from a mortise and tenon table I had made before. When in use, squeeze the two inserts together and insert them into the screw hole in the head. When you let go, the inserts will separate, thus the head and body can be firmly connected together.

This is the progress of the chess set so far. I will update the printing process and the actual model pictures on Wednesday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surface Design

Ming Dynasty Recessed-leg Table with Everted Flanges (4)HD RENDERS AND EXPLODED VIEW

Mushroom Castle for the CAD Class Assignment