The table is finished. Here are some rendered pictures of the table. Since this is a piece of furniture from the Ming Dynasty, I created two Chinese-style windows, a lamp and a pen holder to add some antique touch. The bamboo forest outside the window is a picture. I don't dare to create the entire 3D model of a forest. So hopefully the picture can do the justice. ^_^ I didn't make the desktop bookshelf. For one reason, it is too modern for the antique furniture. For another reason, I really don't have enough time. However, dissembling and measuring a piece of a real object helped me to understand the dimensions better.
The process of 3D printing these chess pieces was full of twists and turns. I initially printed a pawn piece for testing and discovered that my design had too many details, which could not be exquisitely printed on a small model. Some sharp edges also could not be printed clearly. Therefore, I adjusted my design, filleted most of the sharp edges, and removed the base (the small mushrooms on the base required support material, but it was difficult to separate them from the support materials, which meant the small mushrooms could not be printed properly. Without the small mushrooms as ornaments, the base was meaningless). I c hanged the eyes from protruding to recessed so that the printed shapes could be more precise. I also slightly enlarged the model to better showcase the details. The printing process is fun. I record some key moments as following. This print turned out to be quite successful, and removing the support materials was easy. Overall, I am very satisfied with this print. ...
This week's assignment is to make a castle with Rhino. I decided to create a game about one button mushrooms searching for colours. This castle can fit in as part of the scene. The story of the game is very simple. One little button mushroom starts her journey to search for her colourful companions. I did some research about mushrooms, and I especially like the golden jungle mushrooms. They are groups of little mushrooms growing on the tree buck. So I want to design the castle arrangement like the mushroom community. The buildings are similar to the mushroom shape but in a more straight and tidy fashion. The tiny thin stem-like towers work as the stairs to climb up to the caps. The caps have several windows on them to indicate the little mushrooms living inside. Buildings are placed randomly but close together. Here is my original design concept drawing. These are images of my 3D design from different angles. I haven't figured out how ...
Comments
Post a Comment